2.27.2013

Don't tell my hubby ... I fell in love today

Something special happened today.

It doesn't happen often.

I felt the butterflies in my stomach. My palms got sweaty. My knees felt jittery.

I knew the symptoms.

I am in love. And it's not just any kind of love. It feels as strong as first-time love!

So I'm just going to put it out there. I fell head-over-heals in love ...

... with a job description. We, my friends, are a TRUE match made in heaven.

I saw the posting and it immediately caught my attention because it's for a company I want to work for, in an industry I am obsessed with. Not only that, but it's located in a city that's on my list of places to relocate to.

Suddenly, the last two years of my life - and especially the last four weeks - made sense. As I read through the job description, I could check off every requirement as something I can do - and do well! Above average, even. It's like everything I was tasked with at my former employer, in my former role was practice I needed to land this job, at this company, in this city and in this industry I want to work in!

This job is everything I'm good at, everything I'm passionate about, and all of a sudden it's clear to me that I will know in my gut when I want something. I won't feel anxious. I won't have conflicting thoughts. I will know. Beyond all doubt, I will KNOW.

As I cleverly drafted my cover letter and tailored my resume, I could not move fast enough. I was excited! I couldn't wait to get to the last page of the online form and click submit. I sat on the edge of my chair. I felt lightheaded at times. I couldn't wait. I can't wait. I need to know if I will land an interview. A job offer. A new home in a new city. A fresh start. A dream-come-true.

I surely hope it's not unrequited love. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment