2.08.2013

Change is inevitable, but when is it too much?

Eww ... I'm having a bitter moment.

I like change. Flavors of lunch meat, cheese, cereal ... change it up! Sunny days, cloudy days, warm days and cool days ... change it up! It's sometimes addicting for me, I think, since I get bored easily. I excel at change management too. But I wasn't particularly in the mood for a big life change in 2013.


In January 2011, I started a new job with a new company, got married and went on vacation all in the same month. Later that year, my organization switched it up internally and I found myself with another new job. In early 2012 I learned I was pregnant and by the end of the year I was blessed with a baby boy.

I was looking forward to settling into my new life with a son in 2013. I had been back to work from maternity leave a mere two weeks when I was sent packing for good. I was looking forward to slowly getting back into the groove of what I knew well every day at work and blending that with my new role as a mom. I wasn't ready to be tossed into a volatile job market forced to find a new career in order to survive.

I am changed-out.

Resilience

Most people have told me they are impressed with how positively I am handling this most current life-changing event. I feel like I have no other choice. But today I got a heavy dose of the reality I'm living, and it instantly threw me into a funk. I knew there would be hard days, and I prepared myself for them, just like I mentally prepared myself with losing my job. But it is tough.

The thought that the only way to get from where I was to where I need to be is through experiencing more change is exhausting. I will get a new job. That is change. I will have a new routine. That is change. I will have to learn new skills. More change.

Change change change change change.

Bleh.

I know I have to be resilient because my family needs me, and I could never settle with failure. So I decided to vent about it in a blog, so I can move on from these miserable feelings I have today. I recognize this is one of the hardest things I've had to deal with ... ever. But as I sit here with my baby boy sound asleep on my chest and the bright sun filtering in through the curtains to my home office space, I also recognize I'm still rich in so many ways that money would NEVER be able to buy.

So to cheer myself up today, I shall request a hug from my husband, stuff myself silly for dinner and watch movies about down and out women who overcome life's biggest obstacles to achieve their dreams.

Any movie recommendations?!




No comments:

Post a Comment